Small Grants Programme
Collaboration is key. We think, there are many great ideas out there along with a tremendous amount of expertise and capacity. We think it is best, if the people with these ideas and knowledge are synergistically working rather than slogging along their own lone path. So, we decided to support innovative, unusual and forward thinking collaborative project ideas within the realm of urban sustainability in Bengaluru. These projects can be many things including research, documentation and data collection, citizen science projects, outreach, communication and education programs, training and workshops. This list is of course not exhaustive.
Applicants can include illustrators, scientists, government employees, architects, interested citizens, journalists, educators and many more.
Current eligibility criteria
- Individuals/institutions/organizations that have participated in any of the BSF organized retreats. Note: Only one of the two applicants must have attended any of the retreats.
- The proposed project must involve at least two individuals/parties/organizations out of whom one must have participated in any of the retreats. Collaborations can be between participants of different retreats as well.
- The project proposal should have a direct connection to Bengaluru or its peri-urban spaces and should be in the area of urban sustainability. However, proposals in the urban context in other mega cities which (theoretically) can be applied to Bangalore will also be considered.
- Funding period up to 12 months
- The maximum amount granted per proposal is 5 Lakh INR
- 3 grants per retreat to be awarded
Successful applications from the past can be downloaded here.
You have an idea and are looking for a partner?
Please go through the list of participants of our previous retreats and try to identify a match. Or if that does not yield what you need, send a brief description of your idea (up to 300 words) along with the kind of institution/expert you are looking for to email@example.com
We will try our best to partner you up!