Work with us
Opening: Social Media In-charge
Bengaluru Sustainability Forum (BSF) is an inter institutional initiative to enable and encourage conversations across disciplines. We want to build bridges and collaborations for increased urban sustainability. While our focus is on Bengaluru we hope to inspire other cities in the country to follow us.
Our public engagement in online and offline spaces includes the Reading For Change series, webinars on different aspects of urban and peri-urban sustainability, a podcast that will explore Bengaluru’s sustainable future (currently under production) and 2 projects with the Clean Air Street initiative on Church Street by the Directorate of Urban Land Transport (DULT) together with Science Gallery Bengaluru. We also run a small grants programme which supports local collaborative ideas to address different aspects of urban sustainability.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic to join our team and drive our outreach and public engagement via social media. The term is for 6 months, starting immediately, with the possibility of extension upon mutual agreement on terms and conditions.
We offer a friendly work environment with flexible timings. We currently work from home, our office is otherwise situated on the premises of the National Centre for Biological Sciences in Bangalore. This is an entry-level position.
You will be responsible for developing a social media strategy (with inputs from the BSF coordinators) and creating and posting content on BSF’s social media handles on twitter, instagram and facebook. The content shall include information about BSF’s upcoming events, past activities and encourage conversation around them. You should be confident to generate engaging content in the form of images, GIFs, infographics, small videos or posters with related copy. You will also be responsible for engaging with relevant stakeholders in the city via social media.
- Experience in social media, communications or content development in personal or professional capacity desired
- Attention to detail and strong focus on accuracy
- Basic experience with content creation & image editing software and applications like canva, adobe illustrator/photoshop/indesign or an equivalent software
- Reliability in communication of time-lines, expectations and milestones
- Creative thinking, enthusiasm, contribution of own ideas, willingness and ability to take up responsibility
- Fluency in Kannada preferred
1) Design an instagram post (image plus copy for the post) sharing information about any one of the small grants projects from the BSF website. You may use online applications like canva, adobe creative suite or any other applications you are comfortable with.
2) Design a strategy for the audience engagement section of our podcast to elicit response to the below questionsDescribe one thing you
1. really like (or dislike) about your neighbourhood.
2. What would you like to change about your neighborhood.
3) Send us the samples and your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org as a single document